During a seminar on 24 February RUSI experts examined the impact of Russia’s war against Ukraine on both countries, as well as on European security, and considered the likely future trajectory of the war.
Topics that were discussed:
- How has the war affected Ukraine and its capacity to continue to oppose Russia’s invasion?
- What impact have the war, sanctions, and efforts to isolate the country had on Russia? Can Russia continue to escalate the war without risking political or social upheaval?
- Can the transatlantic community remain united against Russia?
- How is the war likely to end?
- How will European security develop in response?